Character Creation Vol.1 – Modeling
Blender Certified Trainer Lee Salvemini has recorded, from start to finish, modeling a character suitable for a pre-rendered game cutscene or short film. In the DVD Lee will guide you through the tools and techniques used in Blender to create the character, from the modeling stage, to posing the character, applying realistic cloth simuation, and finally rendering and compositing the model with nodes in an epic scene for client/team presentation. All tutorials include helpful pop-up hints and complete audio commentary. Ninja character concept by David Revoy, Art Director of Sintel.
Bonus chapters include techniques to master edge loops, and an introduction to modeling in Blender.
Read Terry Wallwork’s review on BlenderNation.com – “These tutorials will be of use to almost anyone with an interest in getting skilled at mesh modeling. Beginning Blender users should be able to follow along, while intermediate level Blender users will see some very good examples of how to model a mesh at a professional level and learn some very advanced tricks.”
Watch the Teaser!
- Instructor: Lee Salvemini
- Video Info: 9 hours total duration, 1280 x 768 resolution, Mp4 format.
- Software Used: Blender 2.5 (included on DVD), also compatible with 2.6
- Skill Level: Any
- Every single second of the creation process recorded.
- Full narration for every chapter, with complete explanation of methods and techniques.
- Various visual cues, such as: Zooming to smaller menus on the screen, hot-key pop ups, buttons and areas of interest highlighted, efficient mix of timelapse and real-time video.
- All chapters include stepped .blend files so you can follow along and research a chapter mid-creation.
- Character design by David Revoy, Art Director of Sintel
- Final character model included under the Creative Commons license.
- Modeling in Blender 2.5 (also 2.6 compatible)
- Mastering edge loops
- The face
- The mask
- The torso
- The arms
- The hands
- The legs
- The feet
- The crest
- The swords
- Creating a static pose
- Cloth simulation and baking
- Rendering for client presentation: Materials/lighting/compositing nodes